Table of Contents
- What if my light doesn’t illuminate?
- Why is there a rubber washer included?
- What is covered under the one-year warranty?
- What do I do if I have a problem with my light?
- How can I get additional replacement bulbs or parts?
- Where is your light manufactured?
- Is the light unbreakable?
- Why is it more durable than my old light?
- How long will it take for my order to ship?
- Why purchase our cords instead of one at a big box store?
- Can I purchase a replacement bulb at any hardware store?
- Will this fit on my particular old trouble light cord?
- If the poly-carbon cover is so durable, why should I add a metal cage to it?
- Do I need a magnet?
1. What if my light doesn’t illuminate?
Make sure the cord is unplugged! and then reach into the socket in the cord handle and pull up the gold or silver connector to be certain the light is making a connection.
2. Why is there a rubber washer included?
It helps keep liquids out of the socket and it acts as a shock absorber to the light. Use of the washer creates the need for you to lift up the connector inside the socket (BE SURE IT IS UNPLUGGED).
3. What is covered under the one-year warranty?
There is a one-year warranty on the poly-carbonate front and back from breakage due to normal wear and tear (NOT crushed ex: vehicle running over it). The CFL glass bulbs are not warrantied due to breakage but only for mechanical failure. The LED lamp is covered from breakage due to normal wear and tear but not from harmful chemicals such as break fluid which will eventually ruin the LED chips
4. What do I do if I have a problem with my light?
Call us at 616-994-9970, and we will try to diagnose your situation over the phone. In most cases it is necessary for the light or parts to be shipped to us in Allegan, MI so that we can see what has happened and determine what needs to be done to correct the problem.
5. How can I get additional replacement bulbs or parts?
You can reorder more bulbs and/or parts on our website or call us at 616-994-9970.
6. Where is your light manufactured?
Our most popular product, the LED Trouble Free Work Light, is assembled in Michigan and uses parts made in Ohio and Michgian. Specifically the LED lamp is made in Zeeland, Michigan by a large locally owned innovative company that manufactures LED lighting for the auto industry and over-the-road trucks.
7. Is the light unbreakable?
No. There is no product which is unbreakable and the Trouble Free Work light is not an exception to this rule. The poly-carbonate cover is extremely durable and will withstand normal wear and tear. The glass CFL lamp is designed and manufactured to be resilient and tough but it is not unbreakable. The LED lamp is even more durable as there is no glass. The LED chips are encased in durable poly-carbonate plastic.
8. Why is it more durable than my old light?
The poly-carbonate exterior will withstand drops and bangs. The CFL bulb is specifically designed with supports between the circular tubes and is coated in rubber. The rubber washer acts as a shock absorber and also keeps liquids out. There is no filament to break like an incandescent bulb. The LED version contains NO GLASS and the circuitry is encased by poly-carbonate plastic.
9. How long will it take for my order to ship?
You order will be shipped from Allegan Michigan within 1 to 2 business days from placing the order. You should receive your package via USPS or Fed Ex Ground 2-3 days after it is shipped.
10. Why purchase our cords instead of one at a big box store?
We sell only 16 gauge cords with two outlets that can be sealed for safety. Most stores do not sell a 25 or 50 foot cord with a cord handle with outlets. Our cords have two outlets that can be sealed for safety purposes.
11. Can I purchase a replacement bulb at any hardware store?
No. Replacement lamps for our unit are 20 watt CFL lamps made specifically to fit our light. Although the base is the standard base size, only our bulb will fit into the light’s poly-carbon cover. The LED lamps may be purchased directly from us to replace the CFL lamp in any unit we have ever made.
12. Will this fit on my particular old trouble light cord?
Yes. Our Trouble Free Work Light is designed specifically to retrofit on any trouble light/drop cord.
13. If the poly-carbonate cover is so durable, why should I add a metal cage to it?
For people who use the light on a daily basis, the metal cage does absorbs even more shock and offers additional durability and strength to the light. The cage also protects the poly-carbonate cover from scratching when dragged on the floor.
14. Do I need a magnet?
You may not use the magnet often but sometimes when you can’t find a place for the hook, the magnet offers a different way for you to hang your light and can provide more options for you to direct the light exactly where you need it.